As our offices become a little quieter and email traffic begins to slow, we’d like to take a moment to look back at another incredible year. A year we are very proud of. A year filled with in-person hugs and interactive IRL experiences, new clients and elevated content, feelings of accomplishment and lots of happy smiles. It was hard to keep this list brief, but we did our best (with lots of editing and hard decisions).
Here are 8 of our favorite moments from 2022:
- Meeting in-person. Not only did we bring client events back in-person, but many of our OBE-ers got to meet face-to-face (some for the very first time) at EEEEEATSCON LA this past May. It was a hands-on, eat-everything experience. We loved it so much, we craved going back together for seconds when we produced EEEEEATSCON NY in October.
- Being onsite—around the world. For the first time in two years, we brought the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Series back to in-person executions across the globe. And, we finally executed the event in three “new” cities who had only participated virtually since 2020: Buenos Aires, Dallas-Fort Worth and Philadelphia. Congratulatory hugs on every inhabited continent in the world? Yes, please!
- Inspiring young female athletes. There’s no greater reward when creating an experience than seeing the impact you’re making for another individual. From the excited smiles to the displays of confidence and empowerment, it was obvious that our work with Nike and DICK’s Sporting Goods to create It’s Her Shot was a slam dunk (pun intended).
- Supporting small businesses, who support each other. At Meta Boost Gather, the award show on closing night was energized with excitement and camaraderie. Attending small business owners nominated & voted for each other in varying community-driven categories, creating an evening of peer recognition and a celebration of gratitude and community.
- Transforming spaces for transformative innovators. For LG Nova’s Innovation Festival, we turned Richmond’s Craneway Pavillion into a kaleidoscope of color and mecca for future-forward thinking. Plus, getting to hang with Andre Iguodala was pretty cool, too!
- Creating “cool” brand identities. Some participants said that The Soccer Rebellion Championships were “the coolest event ever.” We totally agree. Our strategy and design team collaborated with Nike, DICK’s Sporting Goods and Soccer Rebellion to establish and bring to life a brand identity and visual center that both impressed all stakeholders and captured the vision behind the championship game.
- Helping our clients evolve. We scaled up Datadog's 5th annual DASH conference to make a splash that reflected the growing size and success of their company.
- Getting to know the locals by getting hyper-local. When Allbirds asked us to help them connect with the community at their Allbirds Flatiron store opening in March, we immediately asked, “What do they care about?” Based on that answer, we delighted local eco-conscious New Yorkers with a plant workshop hosted by Farmer Nick as we opened Allbirds’ doors for the first time. Not only did we get to connect with the local communities, but we also got to walk away with some “living” swag!